Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOXY FOUST SCION TC Legal?

...found this on WreckedMagazine.com

"The buzz around the pits Saturday night after the event is going to get some people really fired up we think. Judging that the other post about this topic “Tanner Foust’s Scion tC Protested at Formula D Seattle” has turned into a storm on our site we can imagine this one will get people going just as much.

After the event was over and people were packing up for home the rumor around the pits was that Tanner Foust’s Scion was said to be out of the clear but Formula D is still in an ongoing investigation with the car and it appears he will be docked points/fined (some sort of punishment for rule violation) regardless of Randy’s statement to us that the car is a closed case.

While the Toyota Supra MKIV sub frame is a blatant rule violation it is unclear how they received permission to do this in the off season or if they did receive proper permission at all. The car has gone through tech at some points this year and we aren’t really sure why the car was not flagged or stopped then but it looks like we will just have to sit around and see what happens.

Any docking of points will not affect Tanner Foust’s inability to win a third championship this year since he is already to far back in the points to make a realistic run for the championship in 2009. The other word around the pits is that most teams with the exception of fellow Scion and Hankook drivers are supporting the petition againt Tanner Foust and his Scion tC. We will keep an eye to see if anything breaks in this story before Sonoma in ten days."

Hmm...I wonder how this never showed up on this site ever. ;-)

I always thought it was stupid that a Scion could drift. If the car isn't sold in AWD/4WD format here, it shouldn't be allowed. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity but this is pushing it. I'm really surprised (and thankful) there aren't any Civics on the track. Honestly, I even get tired of seeing Evos and Imprezas drifting. Very few people actually defeat their AWD system so what's the point?

Comment

I don't care. And neither does FD.

Just let cool cars that are going to attract new fans to drifting and FD run.

Comment

Long Live Drift Alliance!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReDc0aT View Post

You must be a nascar fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ReDc0aT View Post

Its all fun and gravy until they start getting on the podium...

lets all build tube chassis sideways machines and throw honda civic shells over them.

Comment

You know what its all about guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                I always thought it was stupid that a Scion could drift. If the car isn't sold in AWD/4WD format here, it shouldn't be allowed. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity but this is pushing it. I'm really surprised (and thankful) there aren't any Civics on the track. Honestly, I even get tired of seeing Evos and Imprezas drifting. Very few people actually defeat their AWD system so what's the point?
                Agreed. I think that any car that's competing in such a series has to start off as a RWD or AWD car. Someone was able to convince Scion that they could help sell TC's if their cars were at Formula D. They must have been along the lines of how a "Camry" showed up on the NASCAR circuit.

Comment

you know what BMW did when they wanted to put a V8 into the M3 for competition. They did a short production run on the M3 GTR with the M5 motor.

Comment

A lot of manufacturers do that and just about any petrol head can do an engine swap. Making a car rwd that was originally fwd? Yeah, totally the same...

Comment

actually I was getting more at the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by vvtisupra View Post
                        you know what BMW did when they wanted to put a V8 into the M3 for competition. They did a short production run on the M3 GTR with the M5 motor.
                        Fine. Then let's agree to THAT rule. The thing about "racing" now is that there really isn't anything "new" to it. Things like this have been under review BEFORE from different sanctioning bodies. Why can't we just "learn" from others and apply them to what we have currently.

Possibly, the answer to this is that drifting just doesn't have a wide enough audience, yet. If Toyota wanted to make a short production run of something, then they can...provided that the juice is going to be worth the squeeze. If ANY manufacturer out there actually packaged a "Formula D Special Edition", I'm certain it will quickly enlarge the drifting audience. Any takers? From what I've seen, only Ford seems to be willing to at least listen to such an idea. GM made a "Transformer Package" for the currently available Camaro. Anyone else care to recall special packages that were or are available on certain cars?

So...what's the deal with the Scion?

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                          If ANY manufacturer out there actually packaged a "Formula D Special Edition", I'm certain it will quickly enlarge the drifting audience.

amen to that

Comment

LOL @ FD Edition car. Well at least it would have the proper wheels driven unlike NASCAR edition Intrepids.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                              LOL @ FD Edition car. Well at least it would have the proper wheels driven unlike NASCAR edition Intrepids.
                              It could just be basic stuff...like an FD badge, wheels, and a special color. Theres a color available on the 2010 Mustang that really reminds me of JR's car. Special Edition cars usually get a variety of posters, brochures, commercials, placement at Auto Shows, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X