Is UTI a good school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is UTI a good school?

I want to know peoples opinion or experience with UTI.

Is the training there good or is it a waste of time because I'm slightly looking to go there.

You can go to community college for almost free if you know how to work the system and get the same education. It would just take a little bit longer. If you are dedicated and don't mind the long term price of the program... I say go for UTI. Me personally, I hold 3 ASE certifications and never stepped inside a classroom other then HS Auto Tech.

Comment

UTI is what you make of it. I have a close friend who went there and is now a master tech at a Mercedes dealership. He was always the guy doing engine swaps in his garage, and he started as a low-level tech at a Nissan dealership, then went to UTI to get some formal training, and now he's making good money at a Mercedes dealer. He always had a knack for troubleshooting electrical issues, and that's something that is rare.

If you go to UTI, you need to commit yourself 100% to the process. Do the work, show up to class every day, ask questions to the teachers, and learn everything you can. If you are going to school to get a certificate to make your parents happy, or you plan to skip a few classes here and there to go hang out with your friends, UTI is a huge waste of money. The "average" student from UTI won't get a job straight out of school and likely won't stick around the automotive industry.... but the top students in each class will be able to make good careers for themselves.

Comment

Thanks for the Info. guys ^

I had a campus tour today, the school is awesome.

I'm enrolled and going to start school in July.

Going to give 100%

Comment

Originally posted by tougekids View Post
          Thanks for the Info. guys ^

I had a campus tour today, the school is awesome.

I'm enrolled and going to start school in July.

Going to give 100%
          congratulations! I seriously need to take a class on how to clean and rebuild carburetors

Comment

Congrats on getting enrolled, and good luck!

I have friends that went their and this is how I see it.

If you try hard, you can get placed in a high level mechanic position (such as at a dealership in Beverly Hills). Otherwise, your just going for papers. My friend went there and told me he learned the same stuff he would normally learn on his own (if you wrench already, or since you were young like me, you know what I'm talking about, trial and error). Nonetheless, I looked into going there but couldn't afford it

Comment

Working...
            X