How popular is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How popular is....

how popular is the mx-5/miatia in japan for drifting? is it a car that is used on average...or is it one that people shy away from for drifting purposes in japan. also, are there any good vids. that have shots of miatas drifting?

I dont belive the Mazda Miata is a popular drift machine in, I have seen many videos and have yet to see a video sourced from Japan with a Miata You saw those pictures of that Miata drifting I assume? The look is not that popular, I mean its the car corky ramano drove in that movie, and I dont think it was exactly for the reasons you might think...In Japan why would they drive a Miata when they have tons of other fast and affordable cars at there disposal. On the other hand, if your looking to be unique and something probably only a few people have driffed....MIATA is your car ?

Comment

there's that dang corky ramano thing again...d'oh! but yeah i like being different. so.....

Comment

Actually the miata is one of japans most adored cars since its a very light weight rear wheel drive that is a excellent grip machine.

the double wish suspension and 50/50 weight give it all the ideal specs and with some moderate tuning it can be a very fast fun car to drive.... i owned 2 so i know what hey can do and they can drift just takes a little more practice because of the short wheel base but other that that i think its a really good car for touge or autocross

Comment

so u drift yours?

Comment

Actually yes.... one of them was regularly the other was strictly track...... all grip (SCCA)

but it was probably the most fun i had driving a car ever.

Comment

There not

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted
                There not
                but that doesn't mean they're not good drift cars. they are popular in japan as grip cars i have found, w/ a huge japanese aftermarket following. wish we could get those parts here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnySlick
                  but that doesn't mean they're not good drift cars. they are popular in japan as grip cars i have found, w/ a huge japanese aftermarket following. wish we could get those parts here in the states.
                  I haven't seen much of an after market for them here, maybe up in mailand but not in Okinawa.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted
                    I haven't seen much of an after market for them here, maybe up in mailand but not in Okinawa.
                    i've found tons of japanese sites w/ parts and stuff for them (maybe not as much as 240sx or FC, but still plenty to build a sick little ride). jubiride, trust, hks, tein, garage vary, etc., etc., etc,. .....plenty to keep you happy if you have the $$$$. I don't have the $$$$ LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X