No driving for me for a loooong time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No driving for me for a loooong time

Due to a very bad work accident yesterday, i wont be driving anything with a clutch, or be walking for a long time. I severed my left Achillies tendon at the bottom of my ankle. This really fuking sux. Im gonna be wheelchair/crutch bound for a ??? amount of time.

Thank you Toyota for putting those goddamn skid plates on the bottom of your fugly SUV's.

The scoop...

I work at Toyota Mall of Ga. as an xepress lube tech. I was down in the pit doing a oil change on a SUV. Well, it has one of these large,4ftx3ft steel skid plates on it that I had to take off to get to the filter. I took it off amd slid it up on the ground above the pit... about 6ft up from where i was standing. I turned around and started loosening the oil drain plug. Then I heard a funny noise of somethin metal sliding... i knew what was going on and was just like "oh sh!T"... i knew before what wsa going to happen. BLAM! I felt a severe pain in my left ankle, so i hobbled to the the floor and sat down.... took my shoe off and looked right into the heel of my foot. The rest is history.

I go see a orthopedic surgeon on monday to discuss it more in detail since he did not want to in the ER. I just put my car undera cover and am calling my insurance company and suspending my insurance until further notice.

DAMN THIS SUX ASSSSSS!!!

heres a quick sketch....

Comment

MAN DOWN

another fallen soldier.....

sorry man

Comment

yeah, same here man. hope you heal up ok. that totally sucks, so did someoine push the skid, or did it slide off on its own?

wow, so i hope they can reattach it back together and all. i can't believe he wants to wait till monday though. seems to me the quicker he could get the two peices back together the better off you'd be.

oh well, good luck man.

Comment

yah i broke my foot skim boarding at the beach on friday, just got the x-rays today and i broke the 5th metatarsil (spelling??) on my right foot, can't drive for a while........

Comment

that really sucks

Comment

wow you guys still have pits. for some reason someone told me that you cant have those anymore and you gotta have hydro lifts. weird.

get well soon man. stay off the foot so it heals right.

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
                wow you guys still have pits. for some reason someone told me that you cant have those anymore and you gotta have hydro lifts. weird.

get well soon man. stay off the foot so it heals right.
                actually have the doctor put your foot in a box so that it heals in a postion that's perfect for heel-toe driving

sure, it'll suck for walking, but man how sweet it'll be for drifting!

nah, better not do that! LOL. get well soon.

Comment

Dare I say workman's comp?

Comment

wow im soo sorry im new but taht sux i reallreall reall feel bad about ur situation i hope u get better and i hope u can get bak to driving

Comment

well i was skating and now my ankle is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed. doin the heel toe is hurtin it too. i hurt

Comment

Yeah Monday the 4th was my 18th b-day and I went to my dad's, lives in the ghetto, to fix a flat on my bike. After fixing it I took it for a ride and was jumped by five african americans, one with a gun. I was hit from behind and now I have to go into surgery this upcoming Tuesday because the one that hit me from behind broke four bones in my face. There will be court dates and everything. It hasn't been determined what he hit me with so far but I guess we will find out. Anyways I am on drugs and can't drive. I am glad I don't have my car. Being bed ridden has made my search for a 240sx just that much more determined. Sorry about all your other guyses problems. Heal up.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                          Yeah Monday the 4th was my 18th b-day and I went to my dad's, lives in the ghetto, to fix a flat on my bike. After fixing it I took it for a ride and was jumped by five african americans, one with a gun. I was hit from behind and now I have to go into surgery this upcoming Tuesday because the one that hit me from behind broke four bones in my face. There will be court dates and everything. It hasn't been determined what he hit me with so far but I guess we will find out. Anyways I am on drugs and can't drive. I am glad I don't have my car. Being bed ridden has made my search for a 240sx just that much more determined. Sorry about all your other guyses problems. Heal up.
                          damn kid. god speed on yer healing.

Comment

yeah dude...you need to move. for real get out of that kind of an enviornment.

Comment

I don't live there, I went to my dad's because he has inner tubes for bicycles. All I wanted to do was ride my fricken bike. Hey JohnnySlick I have a question for you, are Miatas FR?

Comment

Working...
                              X