Im thinking of getting a AE86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im thinking of getting a AE86

Im thinking of getting an ae86 which path do u think i should take the supercharged 4AGZE or the turbo path the SR20DET (They are easy to find as here in aus we get the silvia k's etc.).

well who is gonna' be doing the work and how good is that person(s) at fabricating?

if the person doing the install is good at custom work, then i'd say drop in a CA18DET (i'm not a big SR20DET fan, but if that's what floats you boat....)

if the person doing the swap is not super skilled (just basic mechanical skillz) then go for the 4AGZE b/c it would be more easy and straight forward (but still some fabbing to be done there too)

*on a side note though, one day i want an AE86 coupe with a CA18DET in it....but that's just me *

Comment

im kinda leaning towards the CA18DET also due to being a cheaper option than the sr20 it all depends really on how much cash i have.

Comment

it would be cool if you built up the 4age and slapped a small turbo on there. that would be cool. hehe.

Comment

Having owned an AW11, 4AGZE is the most reliable option. They relatively easy to find and bolt right in. If your feeling crazy you could always go the HKS twincharge route, good luck finding the kit though.

Comment

yeah HKS gear here in oz is hella expensive and even if i could find the HKS twincharge the price would be beyond my league. Im stuck to a budget of around 12 grand for the car and mods as this is will be my practice car i dont want to go over the top in mods.
            Last edited by Hanjin; 08-05-2003, 03:34 AM.

Comment

I still say CA18DET

or you could get real sick and build one like hotstaff did w/ the F20C nice

http://www.twelve100.com/faq%20and%2...00%20Motor.htm
              Attached Files

Comment

nice and tight!
                Attached Files

Comment

and the s2000 meters!
                  Attached Files

Comment

are there kits to drop honda engines in an 86?! Because there is this Spoon engine that revs to 12,000 RPM! That engine would be so sick in an 86

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                      are there kits to drop honda engines in an 86?! Because there is this Spoon engine that revs to 12,000 RPM! That engine would be so sick in an 86
                      don't think it's a kit...it's a custom job done by HotStaff.

did you check out the link?

Comment

yah i saw that that one was just a singular custom job, but i meant are there any that exist?

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                          yah i saw that that one was just a singular custom job, but i meant are there any that exist?

not that i'm aware of. maybe...but i kinda' doubt it. would be hella' sick though.

Comment

ya indeed

Comment

12k for mods on a ae86! holy crap!. 4k on suspension and 8 k on engine mods... whoa. that sounds like a dream to me. sr20 in that thing and call it a day. :P dont they make kits in japan for this swap also? i swear i've seen it somewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X