Drifting is going public!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting is going public!!!

Well this sucks with the fact that allot of us local guys try to keep our drifting on the down low!!!

Spike TV and Redline have made there minds up on putting it on TV!!! I know this because on the my last Modified Mag has the ad!!!

1st Showing is tomorrow!!! July 3, 2004

well..theres pretty much nothing some ppl could do...
    cept sit back and watch the sparks fly...sparks from cars hitting the guardrails and walls...Drifting,i think is pretty much going in the same direction of streetracing

this is kinda like a modified verson of something i read on somebodys signature
    "theres a fine line between drifter and poser that line is skill...."

Comment

Can't do anything about it.

Next thing you know, It will be illegal to have a RWD car. OR they will raise the insurance on old RWD cars OR add higher tax on newer RWD models.

Comment

thats exacly right and also the exact thing that i was thinking......we will c who the true drifters are when drifting blows up and becomes mainstream in the us.....there will b the marvelous drifters sliding perfectly around the corner and there will b the posers understering around the corner and hitting the wall

Comment

Drifting has been public for a while now, buds.

All the more reason to not allow any discussion of street drifting on the boards. The last thing I want is for the demand of S13s to go up more because posers are crashing them like crazy. Insurance is already bad, it'll just get worse.

Comment

Re: Drifting is going public!!!

Originally posted by MK2SupraDrift
            Well this sucks with the fact that allot of us local guys try to keep our drifting on the down low!!!

Spike TV and Redline have made there minds up on putting it on TV!!! I know this because on the my last Modified Mag has the ad!!!

1st Showing is tomorrow!!! July 3, 2004
            i guess you dont like more sponsors which means cheaper parts and more track time

Comment

Drifting been mainstream for some time now, my friend drifted a corner on his bike and some old guy driving buy was like "nice drift" yea it sucks but leave it to america to slaughter stuff.

Comment

REPOST

Comment

how is this possibly new to any of you? its been in the magazines for years, and think about it, the only people that are gonna be watching the show are people that would be reading the magazines. i personally think its almost to its peak, but dont freak out, nothing big.

Comment

I know its been out for a while but what I ment by this is that more cops are going to get a hang of it!!!

Comment

i dont think you have to worry about that. people have been sliding around here for a while.....and i know some idiots that have been pulled over countless times for it and all the cops think they are doing is driving like idiots...they never mention drifting or anything

Comment

I dont get it, what is wrong about it being maintrem?

You know the more followers, that means more parts, which means a more competative market which = CHEAPER PARTS

also MORE TRACK TIME and cheaper track cost!, more chances of getting sponsors oh and did i mention CHEAPER PARTS

Comment

brothaman youre partially right, but i think some of their fears are valid....ive wanted a 240 for like 3 years, and i literally have only found 1 in my area worth buying...so i did but slowly the 240 numbers are depleting...however i also think that is probably the only valid fear

Comment

Originally posted by Spy001
                            brothaman youre partially right, but i think some of their fears are valid....ive wanted a 240 for like 3 years, and i literally have only found 1 in my area worth buying...so i did but slowly the 240 numbers are depleting...however i also think that is probably the only valid fear
                            I know how that is, try having your 240stolen and looking for another 240, harder then it use to be, but I still like the idea that drifting is mainstream

Comment

Why do you people worry so much about drifting being "discovered"?
                              Get real, drifting is old. Its just a technique used to attack a curve.
                              Now, D1-like competitions are a mix between an autocross race and a burnout contest, dont get me wrong, i love them, but its nothing out of this world. You just get impressed by the cars and the kind of driving that is not ussually seen publicly in the US.
                              If you keep worrying about what people might think, say, do, youll never get to work on your technique.

So, quit your yakking, and attack the nearest apex at full throttle.

Comment

Working...
                              X