BMW Z3 & Celica Supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Z3 & Celica Supra

Would these cars be decent cars for drifting? I know they are both FR but the Z3 isn't a very famous drifting car so i'm a little worried about aftermarket parts, also the cost for the maintenance for drifting.(e.g. bumpers,fenders,etc.) As for the Celica Supra, its a 1985 model with faded paint almost all around and its very very slow. The real bad thing is that it has about 245,000 miles on it. Im afraid if i do anything too crazy the engine will blow. Im not sure about aftermarket on this car though. Any thoughts ,ideas, would be appreciated.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...ghlight=celica

tons of support for celi supras, bulletproof motors (toyota, duh) and great auto-x and drift cars. just go for it, it doesnt really matter if anyone else has done it or not, create your own style.

Comment

Z3 has a short wheelbase and expensive parts. If you start getting serious with drifting you WILL break parts, and they are very expensive on a Z3.

Celica supras are heavy, underpowered vehicles with virtually no aftermarket support. Try finding a decent suspension for it that is readily available in the united states. The closest thing you'll come to is tokico HP and eibach which is far from a serious track suspension. If you're willing to do some fabrication and either have welding experience or have a friend that does, then go for it. Otherwise, you'll just get frustrated.

Comment

I'll post up pics of the supra as soon as i get my camera back. i'll put some of the Z3 as well.

Comment

if you can afford a Z3 it seems like you could buy a new engine for the celica supra. i think you should go with the Z3 because you would have a Z3! other than that it is probably very nice stock but yeah parts would be horrible.

Comment

there are parts for the celica supra. toysport has adjustable suspension pieces for sale, ive seen numerous places with headers, a 7mgte swap would give you PLENTY of power. in reality it wouldnt be that hard to make a REALLY fun celica supra.
            check out the forums at
            http://www.celicasupra.com/
            for info on motor swaps and where to get TONS of aftermarket bit and pieces. dont forget that AE86 ar slow and underpowered aswell feintmotion86, i should know, ive had mine for 4 years

in the end, if it were up to me, id definatley come with it HARD on a celica supra...

Comment

just too add, on the celica supra forums people are selling

cusco camber plates
              rear control arm upgrades
              sway bars
              roll center adjusters
              stainless steel brakelines
              fiberglass hatches
              willwood caliper kit
              strut tower bars
              carbon fiber hoods
              turbo kits
              etc...

just thought id give a heads up THAT THERE IS A TON OF AFTERMARKET SUPPORT for the celica supra, you just have to look.

Comment

not too hard to modify the mkII for whatever racing you want to do, whether it's drifting, autoX or drag.
                Russ M and Joel Tanzman both pull 9 second quarter miles in their Celica Supras. I know quite a few AutoXers as well.

RabidChimp.Com for all of your Celica Supra needs. Even offers powdercoating and ceramic coating on lots of stuff.

Comment

Z3 is a fun car, but it's not a great car for drifting with, as all BMW parts are very expensive. I know this from first hand experience.

Last edited by swifty949; 07-22-2004, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X