Widebody Kits for 1998 240SX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widebody Kits for 1998 240SX?

who knows where to get widebody kits for 1998 240sx?

Do you need a widebody, or do you just think it looks cool?

There's plenty of room in an S14's fenders.

Comment

NEED!!

Comment

IMHO, there wide enough already.

Comment

if your planning to drift it, your wasting your money.
          iam not sure of the companys, but there is a lot of them

Comment

unless ur running 18x9's you won't be needing wider fenders. a width of 7 and smaller will fit well enough in the s14's fender's. without the thought of rub. don't waste ur money on wider fenders....

Comment

There are a bunch of companies that make flares, but I don't know of any that make full widebodies.

If you don't need it for another year or so, a widebody S14 kit may be in my parts lineup, or I could custom-make you one but it would cost a bit more that way.

-MR

Comment

Try Ings

I believe Ings makes some nice kits for that car. Just did one on an Infinity G35 coupe twin turbo for my buddy. Comes out of the paint shop this week, so I'll post pics soon.

Comment

Maybe he wants to run dubs.

Get some flares because there is not a widebody out there for the S14 chassis 240SX.

Btw, if you run sunken wheels on a flared car, I will motion for a ban.

Comment

Re: Try Ings

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                    I believe Ings makes some nice kits for that car. Just did one on an Infinity G35 coupe twin turbo for my buddy. Comes out of the paint shop this week, so I'll post pics soon.
                    are you the real craig???

Comment

there are plenty of companies (ChargeSpeed, Ings, Gp-Sports) that make wide fenders, or if you want something a bit more crazy, there's a company called iDesigns that makes custom wide body kits (if you have the $$).. i think they're www.iDesigns.biz

Comment

http://bnsports.com/ these guys have lots of wide kits that if u spend on spending a lota money....ummm for like one fender it costs like 657 bucks...

Comment

Are you the real Craig???
                          LOL, on so many levels...

I can vouch for other companies that making a widebody kit for a car like the S14 isn't usually worth it due to the lack of demand. This explains why kits are so expensive. It takes enough effort and time to make something as simple as a front bumper let alone a whole car's worth of aero. Each panel must be prepped and shaped, prepped for molding, molded, cured, separated, prepped again, fiberglassed, fiberglassed, fiberglassed, fiberglassed, (and for good quality) fiberglassed, then released and finished. That process done for the bumper, 4 corners, side skirts and rear bumper is pushing 1000 man hours for a skilled worker, ignoring the design work that went into the kit. If a company can accurately predict how many they will sell and can price accordingly to offset the cost then kits will be cheap. One-off makers will price high because they need to offset the cost of time and effort that it took to make the kit.

Not that anyone was really that all interested in the process of making aero, but that's what it takes

Anyway, you will spend a whole lot less money by just getting some rivet-on flares, or even having a body shop mold them on for you.

Flares are really popular in Australia and the UK, and you may have some luck finding Aus flare kids for the Silvia, since they got the nice models of the S14.

-MR

Comment

Working...
                          X