My First REAL car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First REAL car...

Today i just bought my first real car... i have another that was a gift to me from my parnets as a means for transprotation... well i just bought a 1985 Corolla SR5 AE86, sohc 4-AC for $100... I plan to do the bodywork in the coming spring, along with clutch and suspension work. But either way a AE86 for 100 is a hell of a deal. Chas ill be in touch soon to find the price of the body parts for the JDM conversion im going to do while i do the bodywork.

Any car for 100 let alone an Ae-86 no mater what engine it has is a super deal. You can't go wrong. Learn on that platform. Then move on to bigger and better things. Good move.

Comment

Congrats on the car man

i'ma bout to pay a guy for a coupe too! but i'm shelling $2300 canadian. mine's GTS tho.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt a SR5 a AE85?

Comment

re:

If you guys need parts contact either me or Chas at Dream Garage. PM either of us for details

Comment

Before doing upgrades, do a full tune up first. Those cars are like 18 years old. Change the spark plugs, fluids, etc. That way you get get back the hp that was lost over the years and increase the life of the car.

Comment

nope, mine is a AE86... its on the Vin number

i was planning to, i decied to store it for the winter,(its cold here) then change all the fluids and that stuff, then do the body work... then the rest...
            Last edited by panda_3ight_6; 12-02-2003, 04:51 PM.

Comment

ae86 in the firewall for sr5
              ae88 for the gts.

100 is cheap for any car, let alone a corolla.

Comment

re:

agreed

Comment

SR5 is much like an AE85, but its an AE86 chasis (toyota only had to crash test one chasis this way). SOHC, rear drums, no LSD, crappy interior, the list goes on. check out www.club4ag.com

Comment

I think you got a smoking deal. Put your heart into it and make it a monster. Good job.

Comment

congrats on the car i had an 86 SR-5 as my first drifter and i loved every minute of it. Best car I have ever owned. Just make sure to check ALL gaskets cuzz if not ull run into problems. GL and congrats on the car and damn i bought mine for almost 2 grand 3 years ago

Comment

Since yesterday ive had too much ridcule for buying it. but coming here seeing other people with ideas like mine reassures me that im not the only one who likes those cars. my frist list of things for the car are essentails. LSD, Clutch(getting old) and better suspension. Im gonna start buying them now and just keep them untill i start working on the car.

Comment

RE:

It's an AE85 and 1/2.

Or AE85 Plus, if you're into oldschool Windows -_^

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
                            Since yesterday ive had too much ridcule for buying it....
                            LOL, we're in the same boat! i dont care tho man, they'll be eaten their words when they see it hanging sideways....mmmmm

Comment

no its a FU(KIN AE86... the motor is a 4-AC and it has drum brakes in the rear along with a different size differenatl. i just talked to my friend who owns two AE86 and has done a SR5 to GT-s Conversion. it has a GT-s Tranny but the drive shaft and everything back is crappy...

Comment

Working...
                              X