World Drift Championships (WDC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Drift Championships (WDC)

My friend who was at SEMA said he met a guy who was involved with a series thats been in development for nearly a year called the World Drift Championships. He said they were having their drift competitions on REAL city streets!!!!
    We have just been contacted by the administrators of drifting.com regarding a recent post talking about the World Drift Championships.

As a representative of the WDC management team I am here to either confirm or dispel any rumors that may arise.

I can confirm and leak some information in that we are in negotiations with several different organizations regarding the WDC drift competitions being held in part on secure city streets for 2004.

As an organization headed by drifting enthusiasts we feel this is one of the most appropriate platforms for the drift battles to be held. Real street modified drift cars on real streets, makes sense.

The series will also include international drivers from America, Europe and Asia so we will get to see the many different types of driving styles that are currently developing around the world.

Official WDC press release will follow - Thanks for your support
    Keep-It-Sideways. WDC Management

WDC

As an organization headed by drifting enthusiasts we feel this is one of the most appropriate platforms for the drift battles to be held. Real street modified drift cars on real streets, makes sense.
    Nice!!! I like the idea of the WDC competing on the streets because that's where I drive my car. How are they going to pull that off though closing down a series of city streets and which cities. Down Town L.A would be cool!!!! What other cities though would work??? Any in Florida

I just bought a S14 and have big plans...(like everyone else hahaha)

Comment

WDC

The series will also include international drivers from America, Europe and Asia so we will get to see the many different types of driving styles that are currently developing around the world.
      Seems like there is alot happening in 2004 for drifting!

Is anyone on this forum plan on competing in any events or is it all just for fun like me

Comment

where would these be held at, how about georgia?i love the true street aspect of it.

Comment

WDC

where would these be held at, how about georgia?i love the true street aspect of it.
          True Street Drifting - Keeping it real WDC!!!!

I don't live in Miami but I can imagin a WDC street event there would be a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* party event. Imagine pro drift cars screaming throught streets during the day and parting into the night!!!!

Sign me up!

What's Georgia like for street drifitng???

Maybe we should start campaining now for the WDC to come to our home cities? How many events are they having?

Comment

there are a few bad arse spots. i go to a nice road at these baseball feilds.and at this sea port place.i think georgia is a good place for a drift comp for the southeast people right?

Comment

This all sound great! are you planning to come out to the mid-west? Better yet coming out to chicago? I would be willing to help out in any way I can.

Comment

not baaad. tight
                if it goes down where will it be?

Comment

WDC questions...

if it goes down where will it be?
                  That's what I wannna know too. Where are these drift events gonna be held, what cities and who decides? Who will be competing? Is this just a pro event or can amateurs enter.

Are just American drivers allowed like someone said SCCA is having? Probably not as it would be the World Drift Championships right!!!!

We have questions and we need answers!!!! please

Comment

amatures allowed for sure,as well as pro comp. no ridiculous entry fee. in any big city at a decent track i suppose or it would be way sweeter on close down roads.w/rubber barriers.there are drifters everywhere in us now so anymajor city would be a great place to start. and of course americans are alowed to compete.

Comment

"Are just American drivers allowed like someone said SCCA is having? Probably not as it would be the World Drift Championships right!!!!"

The Formula drift event put on by Slipstream and sanctioned by SCCA is what you are referring to here I believe. Entry for drivers is open to anyone that wants to compete. Could be American, could be Japanese or European. The rule only states that D1 drivers may not compete this year. The event goal is to help strengthen the talent of those drivers so that one day they may perhaps compete in a heads up battle against D1 drivers. At the press conference at SEMA a number of Japanese manufacturers asked if they could compete in the series with Japanese drivers who have not competed in D1, and they answer was yes. With Slipstream still working closely with D1 on a number of items for the next D1 event it helps both groups work towards a goal to help grow drifting in America so we can continue to see the most exciting drifting possible.

Comment

!

o0o0o..... team julius could compete nice

Comment

Ok wow. We need ONE sacntion for drifting and the D1. We dont need 50 billion people starting up orgs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                            Ok wow. We need ONE sacntion for drifting and the D1. We dont need 50 billion people starting up orgs.
                            Chas do you get the feeling that we will be forgot in the next week with all the new meets.

Comment

WDC

I think you are wrong Chas. In order for drifting to become accepted and able to grow we need "50 billion" people stating up orgs. One org for every major city in every country around the world, each org able to provide resources and facilities for local events and competitions where amateurs can learn and develop their skill in safe enviroment in order for them to have the opportunity to become the next pro D1 drivers!!!

How about you stop being so oppiniated about others who are trying to further our sport of drifting and you start your own drift org in the city where you live. Yeah get off your lazy *Censored**Censored**Censored* and do something for others instead of just yourself. Make a difference.

Go find a secure and safe location for drifting, sign up drivers, help develop the teams, provide the necessary training, provide the necessary insurance get the drivers off the streets and involved in your drift org!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X