MA70 weight issue....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA70 weight issue....

ive been thinking about the weight of the MA70 alot lately and as you all know, it is a very heavy car. For the people who own/drift these sexy machines, how does this affect their driftability? I was jsut wondering because it is one of the front-runners for my car I want to get. Also, what are some easy (cost little to nothing) mods or removals that be done to make the wieght as little as possible, Im already thinking about new seats, since ive heard those can shave off around 100lbs or so, and removal of the back seat shouldnt be a problem since here its illegal for a 16 year old to have more than one passenger at a time in the car anyway.. (stupid laws), anyting else?

You lose quite a bit just ditching the tire and such as well. Then, ditch the backseat and get some racing seats up front. That should help a bit. That's what the MA70 drivers I know do.

Comment

and take out the sound deadening material. its a b!tch, but every little bit helps.

i like MKIIIs too, i htink i might buy one, either that or a FC...

Comment

RE:

If you go all out, you can get it to around 2900 lbs. Basically the weight of the FD.

As for the stock 3400 pounder, you have to drift a little bit slower, it's not too bad though.

Comment

Carbon and fiberglass parts. Lighter wheels, seats, remove anything you can.

Comment

m what? carbon who?

There is about 50 lbs of sound deadening tar all over the car (I've been shopping for one, damn i have too many cars these days) yeah the car is compleley loaded down with this stuff

theres also a full size spare with a big iron jack in the back.

back seats are like the cheap things maybe 12lb max dont worry yourself with those.

Now the drivers seat, 8way adjustable, thats got to be heavy man...

and, the biggest weight hog in there would have to be that giant sized inline six in the front.

Comment

Dont forget all the panels to. Everything adds up.

Comment

is it difficult to get the sound deadining poo out? and so my best bet is strip the whole thing with two Sparco Speed(16.6 lbs) or Nex(11.8 lbs) Seats up front? and then after that ill work on the the carbon parts and such, onyl thing is that those are mucho $$$.... if it was stripped and had above mentioned seats in it, how much do you think it would weigh then? i want to get it light enough that i can keep the engine mildly modified (hoping for a little over 300hp) and still be fast enough for those highway battles

Comment

RE:

It's easy to get the sound deadening material out. You just need a pick and a hammer. You might wanna ditch the carpet and re-paint the metal. That's probably what I'll do. I'm also going to go with the Sparco Speeds. It's about a 100lb drop. The CFX CF hood is like $600 or something.

As far as the 300hp mark goes, if you're talking about the 7MGE then you're in trouble. 300hp is almost the max you can pull out of the engine. BPU anyhow.

Comment

i was planning on the 7MGTE or maybe even the 1JZGTE if i could get the money, and how much do you think the hood would take off?

Comment

how much hp can the 7mgte put out? and where can i find 1j for sale?

Comment

At i-supra.com and supraforums.com they have some dyno results and such and the most i saw was around 800hp..... thats with the 7MGTE not the 1JZGTE..... 7M's dont get enough respect, anyway im not sure where to get a 1jz, you can look at ebay, but thats taking a chance, and jsut search around.

Comment

RE:

Look around google, you can find a 1JZ pretty easily. If you need more help finding it, just PM me.

Yeah, the GTE will top out around 800hp. Just BPU I'd say you could tack on about 300 extra hp.

You're other option is to put a 2JZ in. I know an old man that did it to his MA70.

Comment

RE:

LOL. We should start a drifting.com MA70 club =P

Comment

RE:

Originally posted by driftmunky
                              and how much do you think the hood would take off?
                              I hear about 40lbs...

Comment

Working...
                              X